Autism Somerset is seeking an experienced executive to work alongside Founder Director Campbell Main, prior to taking over responsibility for the co-ordination of the network, the developing website and future income generating activity.
Autism Somerset is committed to the promotion of the well being of all those affected by an autistic spectrum condition, both individuals and their families and all those who support them.
Who are we?
This informal network has been developing for some years, initially under the auspices of the Somerset Branch of the National Autistic Society.
Autism Somerset, a small community interest company, formed early this year is now taking the concept forward as a “ground up”, user-led initiative.
The successful applicant will work initially probono, part-time, alongside our web manager and news editor supported by Surepoint consultancy.
Our project has the support of Somerset Health, Education and Social Care agencies, providers of support and over 150 families and has a large potential membership.
Our website and associated e-bulletins may be viewed at www.autismsomerset.org.uk
We expect the network to be fully operational by the turn of the year.
What will applicants need?
Autism awareness, passion and commitment to cross agency and sector working.
The ability to build good relationships with the “membership:
- Individuals and their families
- Health and social Care professionals
- Public, third sector and private providers.
What will the executive do?
- Design, develop and manage an income stream based on enhanced listings on the website.
- Assist the directors and their advisors, introduce an autism specific, independent advisory service to help families navigate Somerset’s health, education and social care system.
- Design and manage the business model to ensure long-term financial and operational sustainability.
How are we funded?
We are currently dependent upon private donation, charitable grant and contributions from Somerset Health Education and Social care agencies.
We will be applying for “core agency funding” for financial year 2013-2014
Longer term funding, less dependent on public funds, has to be secured.
What to do next?
Take a look at the site and if you would be interested in learning more call Campbell Main on 01278 788776 or email him on email@example.com.