The adult safeguarding elearning resource produced by the Social Care Institute for Excellence (SCIE) demonstrates how safeguarding issues can develop and ways of dealing with them.
- What is ‘adult safeguarding’ and how does it affect each and every one of us?
- How do I recognise the signs and symptoms of abuse?
- What can I do if I suspect that someone is being harmed?
- What should I do if I believe someone is being harmed but the person asks me to keep the information confidential and take no action?
- What can I do to make it much less likely that a person might be harmed?
- How do I ensure that adult safeguarding is managed correctly in the context of the Mental Capacity Act 2005
The theme of this resource is that safeguarding is everyone’s responsibility and it will be of interest to social care and health professionals, trainers and members of the public.