This report published by the Department of Health provides a review of progress in improving the quality of care for vulnerable people, following abuse of residents at Winterbourne View hospital.
It summarises the changes to improve the quality of care for vulnerable people – specifically, for people with learning disabilities or autism who also have mental health conditions or behavioural problems.
- Winterbourne View: transforming care one year on
- Easy read version. Winterbourne View: how we are changing care, what we have done in one year and what we plan to do next
The report covers:
- an exemplar case study
- surveys and monitoring programmes designed to track patients and observe their care
- improvements to the commissioning of health and care services
- the regulation and inspection of services
- work needed to make sure no one finds themselves in inappropriate care settings